Thursday 30 December 2010

A Whinge For The New Year

Currently, Lloyds TSB and I are not friends. The demise of this previous happy relationship is related to only one thing; my debit card.



I take full reponsibility for losing the aforementioned debit card while I was in Val Thorens, made even more annoying by the fact I didn't actually lose it but I had cancelled it before i'd discovered it hiding in a very obscure pocket of my overly technical backpack.

After cancelling the card I waited 10 days, the credit card I had lost and cancelled two days later arrived safely but still no sign of the debit card, i decided to call them up and they advised me to cancel the card again and they would send out another within 5 working days. 2 weeks later, and almost a month after I lost the card in the first place and i'm yet to be reunited with the card. I'm going to France on Saturday and it goes without saying that it's going to be rather annoying to be without access to my bank account (especially when i want that 6th jagerbomb in Malaysia).

I know there has been snow, but we've had post delivered in this time, as far as i'm aware it hasn't been stolen as my bank account hasn't been touched. I just can't understand why it's so bloody difficult to get a card out to me. Lloyds TSB will NOT be invited to my birthday party this year........

But for now, bright side, i'm going to Val Thorens again on Saturday with HUSKIS. I've printed out my paperwork, just waiting for my reps pack and my folder will be complete. Also in the spirit of Christmas I bought N a harry potter book. He loves the flims but claims to have never read a work of fiction in his life! As i am an avid fan of books i've got him a cheap copy of the first harry potter book. We all have to start somewhere right? I'm currently reading Freedom by Jonathan Franzen which is an interesting read, not entirely sure where the plot is going but i'm sure all will come right in the end. I also need to finish reading Necropolis about London's burial traditions. Very interesting but rather depressing as it is essentially about people dying.

So currently that's all to say, i'm still holding onto the undeveloped Diana and Holga photos (I WILL GET THEM DEVELOPED IN THE NEXT 20 YEARS!) and i was given a fish eye lens for my Canon G11 for christmas which sadly i won't have in time for skiing. I will start taking some pictures again, eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment