Thursday 23 December 2010

A New Year Resolution Before the New Year

So the crack is; since I broke my leg I have steadily been gaining weight, I'm officially the biggest I have ever been and it's time to do something about it.

I think to be honest I've been in denial and consequently avoiding going to the gym. Trying to eat healthily in the week and then totally blowing it by eating absolute crap at the weekend. I think I need an entire attitude and life overhaul. If I don't want to end up breaking my leg again I need to get fit and build strength in my legs so that they can take the battering that I give them.

I used to be so much smaller, and I always think of my AS-Levels as the turning point, boredom eating and then all of a sudden I had love handles. I was a chubby kid and then lost a lot of weight, but I forget this was in school when you couldn't eat whenever you want and I had an hour of PE at least 3 times a week as well as sports team practices and skiing and badminton at the weekend. That's a lot of sport if you think about it, and if i'm honest I wasn't really eating properly and so I dropped a lot of my baby fat.

I think the time has come to accept that I am, and I look overweight. I don't feel comfortable in my clothes and eating things I enjoy comes with such a sense of guilt afterward that it's not enjoyable anymore.

I think I will be joining a weight watchers in the new year. It seems very cringy, but perhaps a more structured approach is what I need. Also getting the nerve up to go to the gym and to do a twice monthly personal training session to get me going and get back into exercise and getting healthy. It's just got to a point where I can't ignore it anymore.

So a bit of a depressing post I'm afraid, but i hope by writing it down i will drive myself to do it and to commit to being a healthier, fitter, lighter person in 2011.

OH and before i forget. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR :)

No comments:

Post a Comment