Tuesday 3 August 2010

A nicer form of torture

I am apparently keen or torturing myself, and sadly on the lowly salary that I currently earn, this torture comes in the form of things I would very much like to purchase. All girls love to shop, and i've always been on a budget, but getting to grips with being out of my parents home (and financial backup when needed) for the first time is causing two reactions; an inability to act like an adult and cook a decent evening meal, and another more startling sympton is thinking I have way more money that i think, setting my sights on some delightful item, discovering i can't have it and then mourning not being able to wear/hold/have the item by just looking at it online.

I won't say my taste is particularly fashionable, I err on the very casual side of life. But i'm trying to develop some work wear that at least looks semi smart. But i'll always come back to my scruffy roots.

So here's what i want but can't afford:

http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Pow-Leather-Buckle-Crepe-Wedge/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=990129&cid=4172&Rf-300=1347,1349,1350&Rf900=1565&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=200&sort=-1&clr=Blue

The ASOS Pow wedge, that i'm not sure would entirely work in real life but i really like the look of them anyway.....what i really need is a nice pair of flats, but everything i see i find horrifically ugly.....these boots are 90 down from 150 but this is still just out of my price range. A shocking check on my bank account today has really hit home that i need to stop being such a damn spendthrift.

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&langId=-1&storeId=12556&catalogId=33057&parent_category_rn=208526&categoryId=209744&productId=1839019
Another on my hitlist is this topshop pea coat, which i have a nasty feeling would turn me into a football manager, but it'd go so well with the shoes....

Needless to say i could just afford one, but there is no way in hell i could have both without a serious talk from my bank manager. Which is probably already overdue anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment