Tuesday 10 August 2010

Anyone for a cycle ride?

So I bought the coat from Topshop. What can I say, blame it on the weather! Cold, windy and rainy, it just seemed the right day to buy a cosy coat. If I hate it I’ll just return it at the end of the day. God I really need to curb my spending.


It looks like I won’t be homeless though, having left home for 4 years I’m now in a house share with my parents. We’ve been looking at somewhere rented out by the Walcot Foundation. Tiny cutesy place near waterloo and just near the imperial war museum, rather more rent than I might have initially considered, but I won’t be paying for bills or food and there will be food on the table for me every night as well as two dogs to play with.

I know I said I was trying to save, but having my own little place and having it to myself Friday morning-Monday night will give me freedom when I want it over the weekend. I’m looking forward to being back in with my family, saves me petrol money driving down to Dover every other weekend.

So with the thought of perhaps selling my car, perhaps some alternate wheels need to be considered. I’m quite keen on doing the London to Brighton sponsored cycle next year, and although I’d love a road bike, something a bit more stable might be appreciated. So options at the ready:
Tokyo Bike Sport:
It’s blue, it’s pretty, it’s 10.5kg and is kind of perfect for gadding around London. £520 quid, anyone got that kind of money to give away?

http://www.tokyobike.co.uk/index.html


Cannondale Bad Boy
This is a little more butch, so perhaps not ideal for someone trying to make their work wardrobe less tomboy more professional well dressed fashionable London lady, this might not be ideal. Would be pretty good for the London to Brighton though? 599 pounds though. Ouch

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/cannondale/bad-boy-2009-hybrid-bike-ec016535


Marin Alp Belvedere
This bike actively markets itself as a bit of everything, and even name checks the London to Brighton in it’s little selling blurb. It’s perhaps a nice compromise between the two, and the cheapest at 499. 

http://www.marin.co.uk/2010/bikepage.php?ModNo=10BE
  
Like a car though I need to find some time to test these things out, and time is definitely something money can’t buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment